Home
Youth
Adult
Coaching
Events
Mobhi Rd - 22/09/2014 - You are viewing Club History. Page last updated on 28/02/2003

Lotto

- Lotto Draw Details

Teams

- Juvenile Games
- Adult Games

News

- Club Notes
- Events
- News Letter

Fixtures

- Latest Fixtures

Coaching

- Coaching

Referees

- Referees

Guest Book

- View Guest Book

Contact Us

- Club Location
- Send E-mail
- Membership

Other

- Photo Archive
- Player Injury Scheme
- Newsgroup
- Site Map

Web Portal

- Login

This is a selection of some milestones in our club's short history. It includes references to original yearbooks, anniversary celebration publications and editions of Na Fianna Nuacht. It is far from a complete history, but may inspire some club members to embark on putting together a more comprehensive archive which will be required for the clubs 50th Anniversary in 2005.

 

Some Milestones in the History of Na Fianna
1955 Formation of Na Fianna when, on Monday 25th April 1955, 201 members transferred from C.J. Kickham G.A.A Club to Cumann Luthchleas Gael Na Fianna. The first Annual General Meeting took place on the 27th October 1955
1967 The first clubhouse, which had been transported from the Guinness Sports Grounds in Crumlin to Mobhi Road and re-erected by the voluntary labour of the members, was burnt to the ground in May 1967
1969 Winning of Dublin Senior Football Championship for the first time
Founding of Camogie Section
1972 Building of new clubhouse five years after fire, Aras Na Fianna was the first GAA clubhouse in the country to include a members' bar and cater for all GAA sports including a handball alley. It served its members for almost twenty years before a further extension was built.
1976 Trip to America
1979 Winning of second Dublin Senior Football Championship
1991 Under 9 Coaching on Saturday mornings commenced
1994 Camogie Silver Jubilee
1999 Leinster & Dublin Senior Football Club Champions and All-Ireland Football Finalists
2001 Dublin Senior Football Club Champions 3 in a row